To make things smoother we have listened to your concerns and created videos that will address common issues and where needed, break each movement down with easier progressions. Videos up through Day 10 are now in your course, with the rest soon to follow. ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
New Videos to Help You Succeed in Fundamentals
Started by Cory Fair, May 16, 2016 · 17 Replies · 2,094 Views
Thank you so much!!!!!
These videos are super-helpful! Everything answered ... for example I was wondering if it was okay to modify the crab and ape and still move, or better to just work on the still positions until closer to perfect. I'm so glad that we are starting off with this clarity. I'm truly excited about what is coming next!
I agree with Eric. These videos are exactly what I needed!
Thanks for listening!
For future videos, I also like the fact that the common issues are in a separate video, rather than integrated with the main lesson.
This really gives me confidence that I have found the right course, I just need to keep my side of the deal and do the work ![]()
Cheers
Much improved!
Love the new videos! They really do help for those of us (er, me) who are totally new to the whole gymnastic movement concepts (I was kicked out of gymnastics after one day when I was 7 -- bad flexibility, bad balance -- I never thought I'd make it back). While I've done my share of yoga, I am loving this new take on strength + balance + flexibility. Even after 10+ years of off and on yoga, I still struggle to comfortably touch my toes. So I hope these easy to manage (if not easy to perform) daily exercises and stretches will really help me get better habits. So thanks a million to the whole team of you who are helping us get a toe-hold into your world!
Awesome videos guys, great idea. They answer a ton of questions/concerns I had regarding keeping the correct form when you don't have the flexibility to do it properly.
Very happy with the new videos and truly impressed how fast the gymnastic bodies team reacted to user's feedback. Great work!
Fantastic, helpful videos! Thanks Cory and Coach. It's great to see all the ways to alter the exercises as well as simply seeing them being done correctly by a different person since each person looks different and you can pick up little subtleties that weren't apparent initially.
Thanks for the new vids. I prefer their style to the original vids: more in-depth explanation and less artificial smiles.
Great videos and explanations. Very helpful!
The new videos are awesome and just what i needed.
Wesley does a great job in explaining and showing in depth details of the exercises.
Indeed very well done !!!
Oh these new videos are AWESOME. They clarify perfectly and they are exactly what I needed to proceed with confidence. Thanks!
I'm **very** impressed! Feedback on the forums was already prompt, clear and supportive but producing entirely new video content to reassure beginners and clarify these fundamentals is really going the extra mile. Thank-you for this nice surprise on my first rest day.
To echo everyone else, this addition is excellent! Super-impressed.
These videos have been super helpful. Thank you
Would like to see videos of frog and ape with prop like chair. How does on move forward with a chair in front? And have 2O% of force in straight arms? I find it difficult to get my butt below the hips and move forward! Tips appreciated. 7 decades of sitting.....
Hi Marie,
For the recommendation of using a chair the idea was meant to suggest a way of first getting used to the position, for those who like yourself, struggle to get their buts below hip level.
Once you have opened enough to feel more comfortable in the low squat position more of the weight will pass through the legs, hence the estimate of 20% suggesting some weight will pass through the hands but the majority on the legs.
+1 These "common issues videos" are absolutely critical. I might have abandoned without them.
I also appreciate, btw, that the trainer is clothed more modestly and the person being trained looks like a regular (fit, flexible, healthy) person. I don't mind my children coming into the room when the "common issues" video is on, but I don't like them to see the original ones. I realize this is a matter of personal tastes and values, but I just wanted to share so you know at least one customer's experience.
Keep up the great work!