This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

abs strained ??

Started by Michael Norman, May 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 96 Views

Michael Norman

I completed a couple in person classes (flexibility and foundations) last week.  I just purchased the fundamentals course.  I feel like I have strained my abs in the in person classes.  The are painful towards the top of my abs.  How long should I wait before starting the fundamental course?  until the pain is gone?

Tanya Hill

Hi Michael, 

When new to the GST program the amount of volume in a tuck knee hollow can bring major soreness to the core muscles, specially if they haven't been worked like that before. It may feel like a strain or stand out to you more when you have to engage the core in daily activities. The good thing is you were engaging the abs correctly in the tuck position to have soreness by the upper ribs. 

Michael Norman
On 5/16/2016 at 1:40 PM, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Michael, 

When new to the GST program the amount of volume in a tuck knee hollow can bring major soreness to the core muscles, specially if they haven't been worked like that before. It may feel like a strain or stand out to you more when you have to engage the core in daily activities. The good thing is you were engaging the abs correctly in the tuck position to have soreness by the upper ribs. 

Thanks! will do.