This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curls, Shoulder Dislocates, QL Walks, etc. How to add in

Started by Justin Kaplan, May 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 173 Views

Justin Kaplan

Excited to start the Foundation 1 course.  After listening to several podcast it seams the above mentioned and some other mobility drills are welcome additions.  I am curious how to program these in and which ones should be used for one who is doing Foundation 1, 4x week.  

It is easy for me to do a GSG type approach and do a set here and there throughout the day.  I find that when I approach extra mobility in this way I feel good from the car sitting etc that does take place daily.  Currently try to hang from pull-up bar several times throughout the day along with some basic stretching/squats etc.

Short history

41yr old "fit" male, many years training experience yet muscular imbalances and postural issues. Shoulder/scapular mobility needs work, cervical disc issues.

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So you've purchased Foundation 1, yes? Have you purchased Handstand 1? Because Shoulder dislocates and Jefferson Curls are both included in training at the appropriate progressions/points in time. 

As a primer, it appears that the GB team is strongly promoting the newcomers take a look at Fundamentals for four weeks prior to Foundation 1. I would say that you give it a shot given your concerns and issues. 

Justin Kaplan

Thanks Daniel!

I purchased Foundation 1 quite a while back. I have used the program for several months but got side tracked with other things and haven't circled back around till now.  The issues I am experiencing do not effect anything on the Foundation 1 program from an execution standpoint but I can only assume will help.  I throw those out there just to identify which mobility exercises might work best.  While I am sure the Fundamentals program is excellent, and by no means am an expert, I do have a basic understanding of all the movements and the method as a whole.