This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tight ankles with frog

Started by Andrea Christie, May 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 241 Views

Andrea Christie

I just did day 7 and loving the program. I signed up after listening to Coach Sommers on the Tim Ferriss Podcast. 

I lack the mobility in my ankles (especially the left one which was in a cast as a baby to fix a club foot), and I can't get my heels on the ground for frog, and also for ape. I'm more on the balls if my feet for those movements.

I am 37 and was a distance runner and triathlete for 20 years so tight hips and ankles!

I'm excited to continue but hoping I can improve my ankle mobility. Does anyone else have similar problems?

thanks!!

Andrea :)

Wesley Tan

Lots of adults have this issue Andrea and you definitely will not be alone! 

From all the running I am certain most of the issue will be with the achilles and attached muscles, Soleus and Gastrocnemii.

You will improve, it will take time, but it will get better and those heels will get closer and closer to the floor.

Andrea Christie

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. :)