This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff Bear

Started by Wayne Smith, May 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 351 Views

Wayne Smith

For the stiff bear, when I lock my knees, I can only get my fingertips to within about 4in of the floor.  I'm guessing, from what the video says, that I should keep the knees locked, and keep hands as low as possible, working on lowering the hands over time, rather than bending knees as little as possible to get hands on floor, and then working towards locked knees?

Sorry, now that I look at it again, I may not have been stretching out far enough.  I sometimes have trouble reviewing the video, as I can't get it to load smoothly.

 

Thanks.

Cole Dano

Can you get your hands down if you allow a little more distance between your hands and feet? If so then that's a possible solution.

You can also try getting a bit of lift from the floor by holding a pair of yoga blocks (or anything similar) and walking with them.

Wayne Smith

Thanks Cole, opening the distance between hands and feet sorted the problem.

 

Cheers!

Wayne Smith

As I play with it some more, there is very definitely a "sweet spot" for the distance between hands and feet.  Too close and I bend my knees, too far apart and my heels come off the floor.  So much fun!