This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 091113

Started by Coach Sommer, November 13, 2009 · 3 Replies · 841 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20091113.jpg

Perform the following:

15 min HS Walking Ladders

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Perform your HS walks in ladder fashion; e.g. the first turn walk one step, the second turn two steps etc.

2) However, if you fail to make the required number of steps for a turn, you must begin the count over again and return back to one for the next turn.

3) Your rest between turns should mirror the number of steps you made times 3. For example if you made 5 steps, you would rest for 15 seconds. If you made 15 steps, you would rest 45 seconds etc. etc.

4) Note that this is a very controlled 15 minute interval. The only resting allowed is whatever you have earned for the number of steps walked during the previous turn.

SamSpaiser

How would I scale this workout to fit my abilities considering that I have never successfully done and held a handstand off a wall. However, I can easily kick up to handstand against the wall, and when stomach to wall with proper alignment and wrists about 5cm away I can only hold it for around 5 seconds, maybe 10 completely max'd, but I don't have that great a feeling of stability when totally vertical. What would be the most effective way to train handstands with this workout?

AJ Ruffer

I'm subbing HS Wall Runs for this.

In the previous WOD's that called for HS Wall Runs before I was able to do those, I did Wall HS instead.

SamSpaiser

yea. I decided to do 15minutes of wall hand stands. I was considering wall runs, but decided it would be more valuable to work on proper alignment. So I held proper alignment as long as I could, and then recovered for the time held multiplied by 2. It gave me a nice workout. Then I finished with 3x5 HS press straddle declines.