This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Egg breakfast ideas

Started by Christian Glans, May 15, 2016 · 6 Replies · 196 Views

Christian Glans

Hello thrivers!

Thought it might be a good idea to start a egg breakfast idea thread seing as a lot of is going to be eating a hole hell of a lot of egg breakfasts in the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, I love good eggs and I have been eating plenty of this also before starting Thrive. That being said, I think it's useful to add some variation to keep the mornings fresh. Also, one mustn't underestimate the value of cooking, being creative and discover new meals on life and happiness.

The other reason is purely egotistical since my arsenal of egg breakfasts are limited and I would love to hear what you guys are doing to pimp your eggs!

Some of my favorite egg breakfasts listed:

1. Classic french omelette

2. Egg omelette with ham, cheese and veggies 

3. Scrambled eggs with herbs

4. Eggocado

5. Poached eggs

6. Boiled eggs

7. Egg and bacon

8. Egg and bacon balls

9. Rocky style raw egg straight from the box (Maybe not a favorite, but definitely fast and useful in a rush)

10. Fried eggs and rice with herbs

I have high expectations for some wonderful international egg breakfast ideas from you guys, seeing as I'm just a simple uncivilized Norwegian with the gastronomical palette of a dirty viking!

Jeff Serven

Christian, 

You are a unique creature. Where in the world did you take that picture? Were you on a road trip with Raoul and Dr. Gonzo? I am definitely going to invade your privacy and look you up on Facebook with some help form Cory. 

Back to the topic. Great post! What a complete list of "Eggs" from the classic French omelette to deviled eggs. We will make this a sticky so that people can post egg recipes in here to 1) answer your question and 2) share knowledge. 

Thanks again and great post! Keep em' coming. 

Jeff

Julia Quigley

Great ideas! On the topic of boiled eggs, I prefer them soft boiled and dipped with butter with seasoning sprinkled on. One of my favorite is a blend by Penzey's called something like "Sandwich Sprinkles." I also enjoy quality smoked paprika on eggs.

If I eat scrambled eggs, I really enjoy them with a bit of cream cheese added at the end.

Finally, these are a bit time consuming (though they reheat surprisingly well), but egg "clouds" are non traditional and quite fun. Beat eggs whites until stiff peaks form, then fold in Parmesan and bacon and chives. Dollop egg whites on a sheet, create a hollow in the middle of each with the back of a spoon, and placed  an egg yolk in each hollow.

After baking, the whites are airy and chewy and the yolk is soft and gooey. 

Here's the full recipe: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/eggs-in-clouds/

Christian Glans

Thanks for the shoutout on the profile pic Jeff! My girlfriend thinks I look ridiculous, but I told her that this is a forum full of badass people and they might appreciate this particular form of bad-assery (Or weird-assery if you will).

Now, I must admit my times of road-tripping through "bat-country" with my faithful attorney at law has been changed out for more wholesome endeavors these later years, although I still can't seem to beat the occasional margarita romp as Coach would put it. (PS, I am a little bit nervous about this Thrive thing going to interfere in my love/hate relationship with Mr. Patron later on in the program, but I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.)

And, to not get completely off track here I have been researching this topic a little bit further and found a really nice site that has a bunch of great recipes on egg breakfasts. 

http://paleoleap.com/category/paleo-diet-recipes/eggs/

Now I'm ambivalent towards just throwing up links with overwhelming amounts of information that just ruins the fun and community of a forum like this, so I will try to make an effort to make some of these dishes and give you guys a solid report on what's worth our time and not.

Cheerio folks!

Jeff Serven

Christian,

Girlfriends are there to tell ya' stuff like that. Just do something really weird every now and then that way the 'normal' weird things you do don't seem all that bad relatively. No, just kidding. 

Thanks for the link and Im excited to hear back on the recipes. They look to have some good ones. And, thank you for the last point about throwing up random links.

My issues with most breakfast type recipes is time. Most people don't have time to do a lot of the culinary creations on a regular basis. There are ways around it with food prep and the such but if you can find some easy, tasty recipes that would be great. 

Julia Quigley
10 minutes ago, Jeff Serven said:

My issues with most breakfast type recipes is time. Most people don't have time to do a lot of the culinary creations on a regular basis. There are ways around it with food prep and the such but if you can find some easy, tasty recipes that would be great. 

 

PREACH. 

Cameron Williams

Lately I've been doing a raw egg shake which tastes delicious and is fast and easy. I use 2% milk, which I think Jeff will say is a no-no, but it helps make the shake.

I use the following:

4 eggs, 1 cup 2% milk, 1/3 can coconut milk, 1 tbl cocoa powder, 1 tsp honey

Blend and drink. Absolutely delicious.