This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE15 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 15, 2016 · 8 Replies · 170 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Today I tried for the first time Arch body rocks... gosh, they are terrifying!!

Here's a video of some reps:

Actually, I'm not at all satisfied about my form, but I don't know if/where I should fix it... Maybe should I increase the ROM of rolling?

I also realized that in the other attempts it was quite easy to lose the rithm of rolling... but I think in time I will fix this issue.

Any judgement will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Alessandro

 

 

Ryan Hutchins

Hey Alessandro!

             You can just measure yourself against the athlete in the example video to see how you measure up. You are looking pretty good. Your shoulder flexibility is a little suspicious but the point of the exercises is the strong arch and the smooth transition from chest to thigh. Arch body rocks are basically a good drill for front layouts. So remember to drive your heels over your head and keep your body tight as if that needed to be said. The heel drive is key here. You'll get it. Also.... Everyone hates arch body rocks! Except for one girl i used to coach. She loved them. 

Exaggerate the movement a bit trying to rise up on both sides(thigh side and chest side)

Alessandro Mainente

Hold retraction and depression, this type of engagement will make the thoracic arc easier to hold. also I suggest a bit more of heel drive ,  more powerful heels drive makes substantially easier the roll.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
1 hour ago, Ryan Hutchins said:

Hey Alessandro!

             You can just measure yourself against the athlete in the example video to see how you measure up. You are looking pretty good. Your shoulder flexibility is a little suspicious but the point of the exercises is the strong arch and the smooth transition from chest to thigh. Arch body rocks are basically a good drill for front layouts. So remember to drive your heels over your head and keep your body tight as if that needed to be said. The heel drive is key here. You'll get it. Also.... Everyone hates arch body rocks! Except for one girl i used to coach. She loved them. 

Exaggerate the movement a bit trying to rise up on both sides(thigh side and chest side)

 

1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hold retraction and depression, this type of engagement will make the thoracic arc easier to hold. also I suggest a bit more of heel drive ,  more powerful heels drive makes substantially easier the roll.

Ryan, luchiliy I've been improving on shoulder flexion, I think my main lack is on thoracic extension, even though now is much better than before :).

I worked on Arch body hold for several months and I hated those static holds, however I just discovered that ABRs are even worst! I'll keep it hard! By heel drive you mean to lift my legs as hard as I can ? (I search for that on youtube and I found basically the reverse leg lifts) .

retraction and depression... signed! Thanks for the tip, Ale! :)

 

 

 

Ryan Hutchins

By heel drive we mean aggressively trying to create the movement with your heels. It's a feeling you'll come to love if you tumble or plan on doing ring swings one day. It is a dynamic movement that starts with your heels and by being having your shoulders retracted and squeezing your muscles the rest of your body will follow. Some people will tell you to think about kicking yourself in the back of the head. *This sometimes works just remember to try it with(relatively) straight legs. 

Alessandro Mainente

heels drive is about pull your heels with straight legs above your head.

Matt Render

How do you count reps on this? 

 

is forward one, back one or is it forward+back= one ? 

Alessandro Mainente

second option...for and back is one rep.

Matt Render

Holy hell, this is gonna take a while...