This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 57 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I did two days ago orthopedist visit, three months after ACL surgery. Thank goodness it looks that ACL is healing well. Even though I lost a significative amount of strenght. 

I aim to resume SLS progressions, since It's been a long time away from them... of course I do not want to run, since ACL rehab is not a joke.

Anyway Today I wanted to test the first progression, deck squats. Luckily I felt no pain on my knee.

Here's a video:

I tried to keep both feet and kness close together as much as possible.

Of course I'm going to progress very slowly, since othopedist said my new ACL is still a newborn. :) By the way, how do you judge my form?

Thanks to all!

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Try to keep the weight on the heels during the ascent part and lock the knees progressively in order to avoid hyperextension that is not good during ACL adaptations.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
22 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Try to keep the weight on the heels during the ascent part and lock the knees progressively in order to avoid hyperextension that is not good during ACL adaptations.

Perfect, Ale! GRAZIE!!