This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New user GB Pro+ help

Started by Tyson Rogers, May 15, 2016 · 5 Replies · 242 Views

Tyson Rogers

Hello everyone,

New user here at Foundation 1 GB Pro+. I have lots of questions about GB Pro+. I searched the forum and cannot find any threads about this. It's possible that I'm searching wrong, but have used the full phrase and also just tried Pro+.

Is there a FAQ or forum post that goes into the GB Pro+ system in detail?

Interested in: which elements of my reports are factored into the algorithm that determines what it presents me with next (does it pay attention to how many reps if I change the #, does it factor in the 2 checkboxes, maybe I fail all the reps but can do only one, etc), more info on scheduling, changing schedules, adding/subtracting days, starting my 3 day routine on a different day, missed days, which courses use it and how it integrates (what if I add handstand 1 and 2), more questions too, just don't want to ask them all if this is covered elsewhere.

 

Thanks!

Cory Fair

Hi Tyson,

We've designed Pro+ to be straightforward from the scheduling point of view. Here's how it works:

1) Each Monday it checks whether or not you completed all the workouts you had scheduled. Consistency is a key aspect of the GB program. We do understand real life happens and adjustments will be made time to time (in which case, remove the day from that week), but accountability is the primary factor in moving on. If you miss workouts, it means you will have another opportunity to repeat the week you missed. It is not a punishment but rather putting proper focus on your needs. Be consistent before worrying about being intense.

2) If you attempted all of your workouts for the week, you get to move to a new schedule. 

a) If you were able to do 100% of your required sets and reps, you will receive a harder step (e.g. 3x12s to 5x12s)

b) If you didn't make 100%, you will have another week to repeat that exercise.

3) If you have trouble repeatedly with an element, the smart programming will kick in and make further adjustments. 

Keep in mind that while we have all sorts of potential alternative programming, as a whole the number one issue for most students is consistency and following the Pro+ videos exactly as shown. When that is in place, progress becomes much more rapid.

Tyson Rogers

Thanks for quick followup. I'm going to post some questions here then, as I run across them. Once again, happy to look at another thread if you have written about this before.

1)

Does the algorithm look at:

 

A) The 3 questions: I am feeling, hours of sleep, soreness?

B) The specific rep #s that you enter?

C) The 2 checkboxes. "I did not attept" "I completed all mobility"

 

2)The 2nd checkbox, does that pertain just to the mobility part of the set? In other words, not the strength? If so, is it getting it's read for the strength portion from the # of reps listed?

3) Am I writing in set rep #'s for attempting or total mastery of those reps? Same for mobility, for attempting, or mastery? I'm just starting out, so I'm making it through these first strength/mobility exercises, but not perfectly, my back is not straight, I can't bend that low, etc. 

4) What if I want to start my week on a different day than is listed?

5) I would like to change my weekly template (that option is greyed out and I can't click on it)

6) What if miss a workout, but make up for it on another day? Can I log this somehow?

7) Which other courses use this system and how do they integrate?

 

I actually have more questions, but I'll start with these. Thanks again.

Coach Sommer

Hi Tyson,

- The algorithm looks at reps completed and whether or not the mobility was completed.  If your mobility was poorly performed and not up to proper standards, then towards the final steps of the PE you should begin marking mobility as incomplete until your mobility deficit is corrected.

- Obviously the mobility question pertains to the mobility itself.  The strength component is already evaluated thru the number of reps and sets completed.

- Attempted reps have never counted and do not count now.  Only properly completed reps count.

- If you do not complete your week's schedule as you laid it out, then the system will count this as a missed week.  If you would like to adjust your weekly schedule, then do so before you miss the workout.

- Nope.  You cannot make up the workout on another day.  You set the schedule and that particular schedule must be adhered to for the week in order for the system to advance you to the next week's assignment.

- For now the smart programming only applies to F1/Pro+.  Although the workout scheduler will integrate other selected courses into your weekly schedule.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tyson Rogers

Thanks for the info. A few more questions, sorry for the overload...

Is this because of the way the training works or the computer system? For instance, if I was on a 2 day training week and did my Thursday workout Friday, should I just tell the system that it was done Thursday, or for our actual training purposes, the move of days does not work?

- Nope.  You cannot make up the workout on another day.  You set the schedule and that particular schedule must be adhered to for the week in order for the system to advance you to the next week's assignment.

 

Or, maybe I should tell it I'm on a 3 day week, if I want to ideally be on a 4 day week but will have some misses, what do you think about this?

Also, I'm not sure how to change the week's schedule as you recommended, my change template field is greyed out and I can't click on it. 

And if I'm just starting out and do not feel like the strength exercise was completed with good form, or not well enough, not able to keep my back straight or something, should I just enter 0 into the rep field until I feel like it's looking good, then start adding #'s?

Is the algorithm looking at # of reps or just if I made the number? Will it change my routine if I consistently have 2 reps when the goal was 6, or is it just looking to see if 6 was met or not?

Coach Sommer

Good questions, Tyson.

The vast majority of people who struggle with Foundation 1 do so due to two primary reasons:

1) Inconsistency.

Inconsistency in completing their workouts as rx'd and inconsistency in completing their workouts as they themselves scheduled.  Far too many people have not been successfully completing their assigned workout for that day/week, but were then bumping themselves forward anyway to the next step in their programming.  

Obviously this approach very quickly becomes a short road to nowhere.

To alleviate these issues, workouts must now be logged on the day they were scheduled and completed.  This assists people in being accountable and completing their workouts completely as rx'd.    

2) Not working hard enough.

Poor quality and too much rest.  To alleviate this, the GB Instructors in the Pro+ follow along videos will accompany you thru your workouts; rep by rep and set by set - all with correct form and tempo.

3) Remember that customer assistance is only a click away.  For assistance in how to set up your workout schedule, just click the help tab at the top right of the forum page or click the "?" in the bottom right of your course screen.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer