This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 091112

Started by Coach Sommer, November 12, 2009 · 2 Replies · 732 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20091112.jpg

Perform the following:

3x5 Tempo Jumping SLS

3x3 Tempo Archups

3x5 Tempo Natural Leg Curls

Finish the workout with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) For this workout use a tempo of 42X; 4 seconds descent, 2 second pause at bottom, and then an exploding ascent. All 5 reps should be performed consecutively. If you are unable to do so, you are attempting to use an exercise variation that is too demanding for you.

2) Scale as necessary by substituting another movement from the same exercise family. Remember, if you have scaled correctly, you will be able to perform the 5 tempo repetitions per set consecutively.

3) Add as much weight as necessary to make the Tempo Archups very challenging for the assigned 3 repetitions.

4) Rest 3-5 minutes between sets.

5) Choose a straddle L variation that allows no more than 10 seconds of work to be accomplished at a time. Add weight to the ankles if necessary.

AJ Ruffer

How much rest time in between straddle L sets?

Richard Duelley

I personally try to minimize my rest when I do static work. . . but it depends on what I am doing. If I am striving to straddle my planche for example (ie absolute max effort) I need to take a longer rest period (45sec to 1 minute), if I am working on my adv tuck, right now I try to lean as far forward as I can, I do 10 second holds and minimize rest and get a total of 60 seconds of work. I then move on to auxiliary movements like tuck planche pushups and planche leans.

From experience I can just tell when my body is ready to go again.