Completed Day 4 and I ran through it about 4x's. I then completed days 1-3 doing the movements twice in each. Its amazing to see how I haven't been utilizing the available mobility. No pain issues noticed throughout the rest of the day, so that's promising. The hardest thing about this course is to just take it easy/slow as most other fitness or exercise courses stress high intensity work.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Day 4 Fundamentals
Started by Ronald Kanoff, May 14, 2016 · 3 Replies · 327 Views
Agreed. Amazing how difficult it can be to drop it down into a lower gear when you are used to redlining your engine. Especially when we are addicted to the adrenaline rush. Not to worry, the body's work capacity will naturally ramp up if given the opportunity to do so without burning itself out.
It may help to realize that all of the programs which are stressing high intensity work are almost always not designed for training world class athletes; or if they are it is for the final preparation phase. Most adults have been misled into believing that 'feeling the burn' and ending up in a puddle of sweat is productive in the long term.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hey @Coach Sommer just a big thank you for your programme. Listened to your podcast with Tim Ferriss and had to check it out for myself. I'm a 26 year old who for the last 8 years has focused almost solely on weight training and HIIT and whilst I am glad of that in many ways, my ROM, which wasn't great initially, has never improved.
Just a question on Day 4, I seem to be ok with a straddle and pike position (not perfect), but the TUCK seems particularly difficult for me. What is this a sign of? Tightness of hips? Glutes? Lower back?
Thanks. A humble student, James
1 hour ago, James Cooney said:... What is this a sign of? Tightness of hips? Glutes? Lower back? ...
Yep. To all of the above. ![]()
Don't be overly concerned however. If you had to pick a position to be tight in, you picked the easiest one to correct.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer