This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1/3.1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 204 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Aside from doing deck squats until kindgom come, what's another way to improve ankle dorsiflexion for this progression? The rocking up onto the ankles isn't the issue. What is, is that were I to not use momentum but purely flexibility and strength I couldn't hit the bottom of the squat or pause fully between reps. Should I just stay at it and let the active mobility do its thing over weeks and months? Just wondering others' insights? For now I'll likely continue to just use momentum and slowly try to use less and less so that I'm really getting into a deeper ROM. Getting to that point will ikely take a while. Anyways, thanks in advance for any insights.

 

As a note, getting into and out of the squat isnmt an issue. It's sitting comfortably at the bottom "ass to grass" so to speak.

Alessandro Mainente

probably you need more ankle specific stretch for tibialis, soleus and gastrocnemius. Stretch course for pike has some nice positions.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I've been doing that. I'll keep at it. I do know well that I need more flexibility in that region.

Alessandro Mainente

It takes months to be resumed.

Personally I had too much injuries and strains, actually no matter how much time I spent for ankle mobility. but since stretch course have been released I have not gained one single degree on dorsi-flexion.

On the contrary one my friend completely unlocked the ankle after 7 months, approximately 2-3° of dorsi-flexion every 2-3 weeks.

Kurt Schirmer

I cannot get back onto my feet either, i feel my dorsiflexion must be the limiting factor and will stall my progress. 

Tanya Hill

Hi Kurt,

The front split flexibility course has many great exercises specifically for dorsiflexion. Id definitely check into the course and work on your mobility consistently. 

 

 

Affan Osman

I am in the same boat. This exercise looked so easy but it humbled me. I just started stretch course alongside Tumbling and hoping it will help :)