This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 1 feedback + questions

Started by Julian Doucette, May 14, 2016 · 1 Replies · 151 Views

Julian Doucette

Feedback:

The trainers are talking too fast for me to take notes.

 

The CRAB:

- I can't tell if my hips are tilted correctly

- My arms feel like they have fallen asleep

-- What's up with that?

 

The APE:

- My shoulders should be down... right?

- I feel like I'm falling forward... I should be leaning back more?

 

BOTH:

- Should I be moving the arms + legs together or opposites? EG: When stepping: right arm + right leg, right arm + left leg, one at a time? What?

 

Questions:

- How long am I supposed to do these exercises?

- How many times?

David Rennard

Hey Julian,

Good questions, many of us wonder similar things. After reading other posts in the Fundamentals forum, I believe the overall purpose of these two positions is to feel the tightness you have in specific areas. Coach wrote a few replies related to your questions of time and reps, saying they purposely include neither in this introduction to gymnastic strength training.

Regarding proper form, this is my biggest concern since a major purpose of this method is to fine-tune strength and mobility. I'd bet if we had an in-person trainer with us they'd ensure we had proper hip tilt, shoulder placement, and walking arms/legs together vs opposite. I guess we're supposed to rely on the forums for answers on how to mitigate this shortfall in the video-training method. I asked the webmaster about getting in-person guidance, but he discouraged me from visiting other gyms as they aren't up to coach's standard.


Overall, I expect the videos from this team to be more effective than the alternative methods based on his pedigree, as evident by the interview with Tim Ferriss.

Good luck,

David