This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strength Endurance

Started by David Beckerman, May 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 207 Views

David Beckerman

Hi all,

I was just wondering if you could help please with your vast knowledge! In my martial art pursuit I find that my strength endurance seems to fade fairly quickly. Now I guess there are a few parts to this post.

1) Is training for strength endurance?

2) If so how would you do it using a GST method please?

For info here is where I am at in Foundations with a 3 day split. 

FL PE12

sPL SE1

HBP PE9

RC PE8

SL PE9

MN PE7

SLS completed 

HS PE5

Cheers


  •  
Alessandro Mainente

when you advance on more "total-body" variation you will build up an impressive level of work capacity and resistance to fatigue.

David Beckerman

Thanks Allessandro, can I clarify what you mean by total body variation please? Do you mean practicing F7 or future progressions?

Jon Douglas

Both, actually :)

Progression is controlled for you in these courses, so so that's not a variable right now. Perhaps have a look at increasing your volume up to 4days/training per week, in the first instance.

I have also had good results with a schedule of M/F4, W/F3 and Sat/F7, with handstand and stretch days in between.

David Beckerman

Thank you. I'll go through a few cycles of F4/3 then F7 with HS and stretch inbetween as John siggested. I'll report back!