This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting GST Again for like the 4th time and need some assistance

Started by Bret Kennedy, May 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 213 Views

Bret Kennedy

So I am just about to dive back into GST again, and going to work out how to stick to it.

Anyway, I have the middle split series and wanted to know how often this is.

My workout program is based on the 5 day routine for foundation 1. 

Is once a week intense workout, maybe just following the 45 min routine with Couch enough to get increased flexibility?

I also noticed that extra less intense stretches for a longer period can assist in increased flexibility.

 

Thoughts please?

bret

 

Matic Balantic

Stretch series are done 1 time per week, no more. You can do some limbering on other days but not hard stretching. That would just stall your progress.

Regarding your Foundation training. You say that this is the 4th time you are starting with GST again. May I suggest you scale back a bit. Why don't you try with 3 times per week for a couple of weeks and then if you do that consistently and your recovery is good, add more volume. In my opinion, people should first build consistency in their workouts before doing lots of them. So ... I challange you :icon_twisted: to do 3 workouts + stretch series (which is quite a lot already) for a month consistently and report back after a month how it goes. And if you don't miss a workout and feel like adding more ... add one more, or change to F7 workouts :)

Oussama KHELLADI

Matic balantic well said i cant suggest more the stretch is once a week (i see some progress from week to weeks) as for foundations start with short cycle until you feel you can extend to f7 two days a week and more if you want so 

 

enjoy

Bret Kennedy

Thanks guys. I think I might start like that. I will look at my weekends to be my stretches, and use a 3-4 day cycle just to start.

I managed to get past a few mastery elements, but I will test mastery on all and then start from there.

Thanks again

 

Mark Collins

I would also recommend less frequent training and develop consistency. What has stopped you from being consistent in the past?