This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 1 Knee Patella Pain

Started by Edmundo Fausto, May 14, 2016 · 3 Replies · 184 Views

Edmundo Fausto

Hi, 

I had a knocked knee and some plantar fasciitis for several months (at once caused some sacrum aches) and flares up from time to time. My back aches are gone and I am symptom free for several days at a time, and therefore cleared by my physio. I am 25 years old and relatively fit but touched by some injuries and I am hoping to improve and not make the same mistakes. 

When I get into the ape position I feel some pressure around the patella and inside of it with some pain. Also, when I get into the crab holds as shown on the video I can get into the position but my knees also hurt after 5 seconds or so. My back pinches a bit but not nearly as bad as my knees (trigger points). 

Could you recommend some progression or another exercise? 

Should I be moving forward to Day 2 or stop completely? 

Will the program foundations or fundamentals give me some info about how to perhaps fix some of the imbalances that I have been diagnosed with in the past? 

Coach, I am hoping that the program can help me strengthen some areas without making me stiff (like lifting weights at a limited range of motion does).  

Thank you!

Cory Fair

Hi Edmundo,

Did your physio evaluate you specifically for either Lumbo-Sacral Spondylosis or Piriformis Muscle Syndrome? 

Edmundo Fausto

Yes he did. My piriformis is often tight (sitdown job). I have a slight lordosis but it has never caused issues until this knee and fasciia pain came to be about a year ago. My physio described my posterior chain as "screaming" at its worst time but now it is a lot better. I am completely asymptomatic for most of the week and I am waiting to change to a less sitting type of job (I am changing in the next week actually).  I am just hoping to become more mobile and to use this program to learn how to continue progressing towards creating strength and stability without looping back to my previous issues.

 

Thank you Cory!

Cory Fair

Knowing a key issue such as piriformis is a major step in solving it. Continue with Fundamentals as an exploratory and diagnosis for your body without pushing too hard. As you are gentle and consistent the body will begin to unlock. After Fundamentals, the Front Split will be particularly beneficial; again approached patiently.