This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hi everybody , is being underweight a concern ?

Started by Rahul Kher, May 13, 2016 · 7 Replies · 269 Views

Rahul Kher

Hey guys ,

Loving Thrive and Jeff's posts here. I haven't posted because all the questions i had were already posted by someone else. I am almost 2 months in , and i am progressing consistently in terms of nutrition habits as well as Foundation strength. 

Jeff ,  I have a question. 

I am 5-11 tall but only 58 kg , really skinny all my life. Is it something to be concerned about as long as I am progressing in my GST workouts ?

Also , I find myself really hungry during the day. I have 4-5 eggs for breakfast at 8am , but i am still very hungry in 2 hours. After a full lunch at 12 , i am again hungry after 3-4 hours. I think I might have a SUPER fast metabolism or am i just eating less according to my height? 

Jeff Serven

Rahul,

I feel your pain. Im 6 feet tall and was 145 pounds when I entered the Navy. 

To make this an easy explanation you basically have a different metabolism. Your an outlier but, everyone is. Only about 5% of people are in the middle of the bell curve. The nutritional calculators will do you wrong as they are for the dead center of the bell curve or for the other side. You simply just require more fuel than the average person, its just that easy. 

When Coach and I go out to eat he always makes jokes about how much food I eat. 

 

 

Rahul Kher

That's great to hear. I was doubting my survival ability between 12 lunch & 8pm dinner. :unsure:

Rahul Kher

Jeff, 

I only talked about my problem gaining weight. I want to let you know that thrive has fixed a LOT of issues I had previously.

For example -

- I have had digestion issues all my life. Every week , some food would mess me up in one way or another. I HATED it.

- sinus/phlegm issues for last 5 years at least. 

- body so so sore from training ( I thought this was natural).

- I always used to be sleepy in the classroom in my school days.

- I had poor posture forever. ( the arch-ups helped , but slowly later in the day my posture got poor again as my energy went down )

- I used to be so irritable.

- Skin problems .

- Regularly falling sick. Always , no matter what the f*** I did. Every few months or so , I knew it was coming. That seasonal change that would put me to bed for 1week, & it was always a throat infection / viral.

Actually , I can't even tell you in a forum post all the many things thrive has fixed.

Removing wheat foods (wheat flour , wheat biscuits , bread ) , sugar , whitesalt , vegetable oils , etc , etc & eating thrive style ( eggs , rice , fish , mutton , ghee ,veggies & more veggies ) has changed me in a way , it feels my organism is becoming alive ( don't know how to describe this daily feeling , I feel like in the morning , I want to go hunting like bear grylls , I want to DO something. It probably a combination of my increasing vitality & the extreme mental sharpness of the thrive breakfast.

Matter of fact , I live in India ,religious vegetarianism & a wheat based diet & foods over-cooked in hydrogenated veg oil is the norm here. I have to work hard to follow thrive. But I do it , I even get real eggs regularly locally. Those are just great(but limited), as the chickens owner keeps not many chickens. I thrive on them ;).

Beef is taboo here , as cow is worshipped. Maybe I gotta go to another state!

Fish is 3-4 times a week , i eat a different fish everytime. Vegetarian & religious people look at me like I am an animal , they ask me if I am a cow/goat when I eat the raw veggies & they look in disgust when I have my meat & they are the same people who whine daily how life sucks.& everybody is suffering from multiple diseases.

But , definitely , I am going against the status quo. 

A couple of problems remain , underweight & still not perfected my sleep, but it will come with habits , which is the real genius of your course design,Jeff. It's one thing to know veggies are healthy intellectually , but another planet to eat them as a daily lifelong habit.

I wish u were there 10 years ago , but let's achieve now that you are here.

Basically , my real emotion to convey thru this long post is that of Thank you. No words can express this honestly.

Ryan Bailey
2 hours ago, Rahul Kher said:

it feels my organism is becoming alive ( don't know how to describe this daily feeling , I feel like in the morning , I want to go hunting like bear grylls , I want to DO something. It probably a combination of my increasing vitality & the extreme mental sharpness of the thrive breakfast.

I here ya man. Breakfast is kick ass time regarding the ingredients you can get!

Jeff Serven

Rahul,

Thanks for the kind words and I feel your pain as I said earlier. It sounds like you are a very critical thinker. Which begs the question "what is responsible for your success?" a long time ago I thought it was all about a secret program, as the years pass I think its the individual. Where I sit now is you have to have a good program and an intelligent person. It is cool for me to see you(and others in here) progress because no matter how good the program is you need the special people with all the right skill sets to act out the program and in the end that is the hard part. The doing. Congrats on your success. 

Rahul Kher
On 5/13/2016 at 9:42 PM, Jeff Serven said:

Rahul,

I feel your pain. Im 6 feet tall and was 145 pounds when I entered the Navy. 

To make this an easy explanation you basically have a different metabolism. Your an outlier but, everyone is. Only about 5% of people are in the middle of the bell curve. The nutritional calculators will do you wrong as they are for the dead center of the bell curve or for the other side. You simply just require more fuel than the average person, its just that easy. 

When Coach and I go out to eat he always makes jokes about how much food I eat. 

Great advice , you were spot on.

First , I finished the course as it is .

Then , I started eating more , much more as per your advice. My weight is up by 6 lbs & stubborn elements are progressing MUCH faster. I think I will have to buy Foundation 2 pretty soon now ;), according to my progress rate.

I do some off-Thrive things now , like eating 5-6 bananas before training and eating 2 dinners . It seems to be working. I did not gain any body fat!

Jeff Serven

Good for you! Way to follow directions, figure it out then intelligently customize to you. That is how you make shit happen.