This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Calling out to Fat Zombie People

Started by Robyn Everist, May 13, 2016 · 6 Replies · 410 Views

Robyn Everist

oh dear.

Hello, fat zombie person here, 53 years old and total pre-beginner at this.

Yesterday I watched the first video and started in on the crab and ape.

Couldn't hold the crab for more than 4 seconds, let alone move; plus my butt was hanging real low. 

Ape sucks too - how does Grace do that with a straight back? 

It's not a pretty sight here.

Do you know if there are any videos of fat zombies doing this stuff and making progress? It might help to encourage me.

Back to the floor,

Zombie Lady

 

 

 

Todd Fonseca
9 hours ago, Robyn Everist said:

oh dear.

Hello, fat zombie person here, 53 years old and total pre-beginner at this.

Yesterday I watched the first video and started in on the crab and ape.

Couldn't hold the crab for more than 4 seconds, let alone move; plus my butt was hanging real low. 

Ape sucks too - how does Grace do that with a straight back? 

It's not a pretty sight here.

Do you know if there are any videos of fat zombies doing this stuff and making progress? It might help to encourage me.

Back to the floor,

Zombie Lady

 

 

 

Robyn, I love this post.  Just imagine how amazed you will be in a few weeks when you are able to crush crab!  It will be the first of many improvements.  

 

Ronald Kanoff

Hi Robyn, My crab day 1 was not pretty. Today is day three and I've actually manage to get my butt a little higher (about an inch). 

Greg McDonald

Years of data entry work before becoming a zombie have left this guy with zero wrist flexibility, as you can see, and don't even get me started on his shoulder tightness.  He has to be especially careful to avoid joint injuries because things could, you know, just fall off. But with consistent work (and a healthy diet of brains, not grains) he is making progress.

Seriously, Robyn, it's wonderful that you're taking on this challenge.  We're all just taking it one day at a time (personally, I'm on day 2) with confidence that results will come.  Enjoy the journey, as they say.  All the best!

fat_zombie_crab.jpg

Todd Fonseca

Skills Greg!

James Cann

Hello fellow fat zombies!

I'm almost 42, been largely at a desk staring at a screen for the last...oh..20+years.

I was just completely humbled by day 1 as well.

I couldn't get my butt much off the floor at all in the proper form with hands rotated "up" away from head.

So, my solution is going to be getting into almost proper form, with my hands pointed at my ass, while gradually working my hands pointed out, and then finally up from head.

Good luck to everyone, and be proud of yourself Robyn for 1) Trying, and 2) Having the courage to post.

 

Robyn Everist

Hey wow! 

Last night this zombie managed to hold that crab for 12 seconds - progress! But my god, my stomach is fat from that angle. Actually it's probably fat from every angle.

Ape has improved - but only if I hold on to the base of the sofa.

Still not moving but form is less shameful than day 1.

Enjoying the new-found movement and nerve-stretch sensations with the wrist mobility routine.

More brains = more gains.