This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge elements form checks

Started by William Marler, May 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 127 Views

William Marler

Hello, I took some videos during my Thoracic Bridge stretch series work today. I've been following the course for about 2.5 months now. How do I look? What should I be focusing on? I know this is a wall of videos ... thank you in advance!

 

William Marler

I'm going to take no replies to mean that there's nothing egregiously wrong with anything I'm doing. Please let me know if that's off base! 

Maksis Riley

I think it's more the "wall of videos" you mentioned ;)

 

But I will jump in with my novice opinions..... 

 

I think overall the bandpulls looked like you're doing the right things. The only thing I could see was in the supine version your shoulders close a little.

 

In the wall walk and elevated bridge we want to try and get/ keep straight legs as much as possible. I would use a higher rung for the elevated bridge and work to straighten them, pushing chest and shoulder over hands before then moving down a rung. With the wall walks, try to keep your chest lifted and really reach back from your thoracic rather than rely on knees and lower back compensating; I think less range with stricter form works really well for this element.

 

In the HS shoulder flexion, try your best to not let the upper arms rotate to work true flexion. Think to push upper chest and armpits to the wall.

 

I think your cat looks good :)

 

Hope it helps, maybe a moderator will join the discussion too but I think in general try and post form checks as separate threads, you'll be more likely to get a reply that way :)

 

All the best

Max

William Marler

Thanks Maksis.

I thought about starting 6 threads... thought that'd be noisier than 1 thread of 6. Ah well. 

Maksis Riley

Hahaha yeh perhaps noisier, I wouldn't worry about it, just can be off putting to see that much in one go.

 

Max