Greetings !
I'm Antonin, from France, 26 y/o,
I've started moving seriously during middle school, with shaolin kung-fu practice until my highschool graduation. I was really dedicated and passionate about health, strength and flexibility, but at the same time, video-games.
So much that in ended up studying game production and working in Japan during ~4 years until 2015. An experience that led me to see first hands the results of a desk zombie lifestyle. What kept me sane during those office years was the physical training I was starting to dive into, from bodybuilding basics, to trying a powerlifting like program up until street workout.
Those experiments reconnected me with the need for body and health mastery I was having during my kung-fu years. And as I was growing more and more passionate about the subject and helping friends around me, I decided to leave the desk job altogether, come back in France in order to focus on training, education, and building the basics for a new career path : s&c coach.
Being a strong believer in the necessity of building strength in flexibility, strong joints, and quality of movement, it led me to GB and starting the foundation curriculum a few weeks ago. And I like it alot.
So I wanna say I'm happy to be part of the community, and thank the GB team for the constant efforts toward building excellence.
----------------
I'd also like to seek for advices, regarding some difficulty faced with right now.
Few months ago, I got injured by pattern overload (left shoulder tendinopathy) while learning the clean (weightlifting) due to bad coaching advices.
I decided to rest and seek help of an osteopath specialized in sports. After consulting and resting, I made nice improvements and the pain was gone, so I started F1, doing only that. First weeks came quite good, I made nice progress but I noticed being really weak at the RC/PE1, lacking of proper lat activation on the left side, and the shoulder pain came started to come back recently.
I tried many of things from gentle stretching and rehab using the shoulder beginner online classes, working on my breathing patterns in order to stabilize my spine, and doing myofascial release to improve ROM, but the pain is still here, and I make little to no progress.
And unfortunately, where I live, I cannot really find better than all the above.
(speaking of flexibility, I'm 10cm off the floor in the front split / head to knees on pike / full bridge / tabletop hold with not problem / 20cm off the floor on the side split)
I just bought the full stretch series, thinking it might help to balance flexibility and alleviate tension on the shoulder, but still I'd be really glad for help and advices regarding shoulder rehab, what I should avoid, and if the GB curriculum can help me in doing so.
I was also thinking about using the RC/PE1 regressions and good informations mentioned in this post :
Thank you in advance, and I wish you all an awesome day