This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 2 Clarification

Started by Scott Runkel, May 12, 2016 · 7 Replies · 624 Views

Scott Runkel

Hi Coach,

A couple quick questions on Day 2 that I'm sure could benefit everybody:

- Are we supposed to keep doing the exercises in the same order as presented?

- Does the order matter? (And why, if you have time...)

- Are we supposed to keep doing them as fast as presented? They moved through the exercises at lightning pace, so much so that I felt like the moving from one to the next was actually part of the workout. 

- Is it bad to hold each exercise longer than presented?

- Why or why not?

Thanks!!

Coach Sommer

Hi guys,

- Day 2 is not cumulative.  Meaning that on Day 2 we are not going to do Day 1 and Day 2; only Day 2. 

On each day primarily focus on that Day's materials.  Then afterwards if you would like to do a little bit of review on previous Days' materials you may, but it is not required.  Try to avoid giving in to the temptation to attempt to cram too much material into your daily workouts.  Workouts should flow and be relatively stress free at this point.  

- A comprehensive review of your materials is already pre-built into the course for you.  Days 5/11/17/23 are all review days for the just past four days of materials for that particular block of instruction.

- In regards to the Day 2 body orientation, the order of the body positions presented may be changed as you wish during your free practice.  Free practice = practice that you engage in on your own.  Structured practice = practice that you engage in when following the instructors during the lesson video.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Scott Runkel

Very helpful! Thanks, Coach.

Nikhil Das Nomula

Thank you for asking the question Scott, I felt the same doing my day 2 yesterday. Today is my days 3 and I started with doing day1, day2 and then 15 mins of day 3. Should've read your post first lol. Thank you coach for the guidance!

Chris Corrales

Also regarding Day 2. 

I feel like the speed didn't allow for the details to be as hashed out as in Day 1.

For instance, in rear support a straight body is mentioned but not things like: hands under shoulders, scapulae come together, glutes engaged, etc. 

 

I'm wondering if this is because Day 2 is more about flow and meant to be less technical. 

With that in mind I'm interested in hearing your thought process on why Day 1 isn't Day 2, to me Day 2 seems less advanced. 

 

Thanks, Chris 

David Rennard

In addition-

Regarding feet in rear support: it appears our heels and toes are supposed to touch the floor together, but that's the part I can't yet get.

Feels good to progress from day 1 to day 2, though.

Paul Sawh

Thanks for this amazing course Coach. I enjoyed the podcast alot and am enjoying getting all the basics right before I move on to the foundation series.

Cuneyt Uysal

The clarification videos are lifesavers :)