This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 1 - Crab and ape

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, May 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 386 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

Hello all,

I just completed the crab and ape fundamentals and I have the following issues 

1) Crab -> Pain in wrists, pain near hip joints, having a hard time to have my hips in line with the body, was able to be kind of mobile

 

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 5.40.31 AM.jpg

2) Ape -> Having a hard time to keep my heels on the ground and put the knuckles in front of me, As I was unable to keep my heels on the ground, it was like I almost had 0 mobility on this one. My body just wanted to lean forward and as you can see from the picture below, I also could not keep my back straight.

 

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 5.41.05 AM.jpg

What are the issues I am facing and Do the above things better by practice? or do I need to work on my form?

 

 

Brian Morin

Nikhil,

I am new to this course as well, and your pictures and challenges echo mine perfectly.  In my opinion, This forum is absolutely crucial to our success.  I hope you have read some of the other posts... because my doing so took a lot of the pressure off.  I am going to start by getting into APE and CRAB positions only, as many times a day as I can, and try to gain some flexibility and mobility by doing only that.  Like you... I felt that movement in either of those positions was a 1,000 mile away...

Thanks for your post... then I didn't have to!

Cheers,

Bri

Ronald Kanoff

Your form is certainly better than mine in the Crab. I'm sure mine will progress in time.

Nikhil Das Nomula

Totally agree with you Brian, this forum re-enforces the belief that we all run into issues while beginning. Haha yea movement in those positions is challenging but I think as you said, I will do the same by repeatedly getting into those position so that the body sees it as normal. 

Definitely Ronald, in time it will get better!