This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist pain

Started by Daniel Bridge, May 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 227 Views

Daniel Bridge

While doing the crab I feel a lot of pressure/pain in my wrists.  The guy in the video mentioned that this would be probable but I've always been concerned about my wrists due to the fact that I'm a chiropractor and use them frequently.  I have been leery of bench press for the same reason. Is this just tightness that will improve with practice or could I be doing some harm?

Coach Sommer

- If you are feeling 'pain', you are working too intensely.  Never train thru pain.  Pain is the body's way of telling us that something is not right and needs attention.

- Some wrist mobility work will be coming up in your course syllabus shortly.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kevin Chanthasiriphan

My right wrist feel really tight and there's some mild pain as I stretch them. My left wrist feels fine. The mobility work seems to exacerbate the pain. Should i be performing the wrist mobility work less intensely?

Gavin Routledge

Kevin, Coach is absolutely spot-on.  Having a Masters in Pain Management, I totally agree with him that Pain is a warning that you should back-off.  Take it more slowly, be patient.  Increase the load very slowly (or something will tear).  ;-)