This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can we skip ahead?

Started by Beau Beard, May 12, 2016 · 4 Replies · 425 Views

Beau Beard

I am a sports chiro and rehab specialist and my wife is as well, she was also a collegiate gymnast. I wanted to try the course to see if it could offer our patients anything in terms of movement proficient and possible cross-over from rehab to prolonged performance gains. I'm on the second day and we covered 'supine' 'prone', etc... I am not saying I'm an expert in this field, and I completely understand scaleable and patient progression, but I feel like we should have the ability to look through the course we paid for??? Not wanting to short-cut the process, just wanting to get up to our current knowledge and capability level.

Coach Sommer

No.  No skipping ahead.  In the past this has been an ongoing problem which has led to students short circuiting their own long term progress.  

The purpose of this course structure is to allow students to focus on one thing at a time.  Not to browse.  Not to sample.  But to actually follow the syllabus of the course.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Brian Garcia

I understand not skipping a head, but as far as wanting your customers feeling like they received value for their money and are not being fleeced, day two in particular was lacking.  

Bryan Marlar

disagree. the back position was pretty hard. could barely do 30 seconds and im an extreme athlete

 

Scott Robson

I agree with Bryan,  I'm in reasonable shape and thought myself reasonably flexible, but found the back bridge to expose a significant hole in my shoulder ROM.  

Coach Sommer mentions that the point is to expose your holes in mobility during the first week. Some of the exercises will be easier, some harder.