I got some long arms (four inches longer than my height 5'11").
It doesn't seem like I'll find a way to lock out arms and get keep heels and hips where they should be. Anyone with a similar thign?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ranbir Sanghera, May 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 321 Views
I got some long arms (four inches longer than my height 5'11").
It doesn't seem like I'll find a way to lock out arms and get keep heels and hips where they should be. Anyone with a similar thign?
I have long legs and arms paired with a short torso which also makes the APE very awkward for me. I played around with it in front of the mirror and cannot get in to the correct position with out rounding my back. Any suggestions?
I've got long arms and legs too. I'm wondering if we can adapt our arms by lifting them straight out where they are parallel to the floor? This way our backs can remain straight. Maybe?
I have a similar issue with my long arms (and also I don't have much difficulty sitting in a low squat). I've found by positioning my fists further in front of my body I can then keep my back straight. I do have to lift my heel off the ground to move forward but can then place it flat on the floor once the foot has moved forward.
Same issue for me with long arms and long legs. The only way for me to mimic the position in the video and keep arms straight is to shrug my shoulders up.
I had this issue at first too and then two things helped me.
The first was making sure my back was flat. I thought it was but then as I worked it more, I had room to extend my back flatter which elongated it moving my arms up.
The second was to pinch my should blades together which pulled my arms up even more.
The combination got everything into place.
Now if I could actually move from starting position...
Same problem for me. I have long arms (36") but I am also almost 6'2". Keeping flat back and avoiding rounding) was my biggest problem. I can do a decent deep squat so I got my butt almost all the way down (though I could use more mobility in hips, knees, etc). But even then, to get my fists on the ground with any weight at all, I had to round my back a little. Only way I made it work was actually to put my fists down CLOSER to my body when stationary (almost pushing my forearms into my thighs). Once I started moving, and therefore had to plant my fists out in front, I found it almost impossible to keep a straight back. Though I reviewed the video and her back wasn't quite as flat when moving as it was when stationary.