This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A polar bear doing gymnastics in the moonlight

Started by Olle Kjellqvist, May 11, 2016 · 1 Replies · 7 Views

Olle Kjellqvist

Howdy, lil' O from Sweden reporting.

The stars were shining, I could feel the slightly humid grass against my fingers as the overwhelming feeling of having my ego crushed flushed through my mind. First exercise of the easiest program. The crab of doom is viciously fighting with my shoulders. They are tight, while my performance isn't. I lose. I gaze at the moon, getting a little bit encouraged and try some more. Then, running from this mental torture, I, in my humbled state of mind starts to imitate an ape. Slowly limping around, in the end quite smoothly. All the heavy squatting i've been doing is finally paying off, I can do a great ape, if I had a banana, it would be perfect.

I have a new daily exercise; i'm going to make the crab my friend. Maybe some shoulder dislocates will speed the process up a little bit, i've heard crabs like those.

Olle out

Olle Kjellqvist

Olle in

Weak point confirmed. For the second workout, the undisputed champions of exercises I cannot do to a satisfactory level are the ones where requiring shoulder mobility.

I'm going to do these shoulder mobility exercises where I grab a towel, hold it in front of me, straight arms, over the head so I hold it behind my buttocks, and back. Goal is to do 10 in the morning, and 10 in the evening. Gradually moving the hands closer. Allowed to do more reps or more sets if I feel like it.

Just lying on my stomach/back was easy though. Front support was ok, a little bit unused to the rounding of the upper back, while keeping the lower back straight. But I think it won't be as difficult for me as the shoulders.