This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2

Started by Wayne Grima, May 11, 2016 · 8 Replies · 135 Views

Wayne Grima

Ok people this is not pretty... Houston I think we have a problem lol.

I just don't know, doesn't look clean to me what should I be doing to make it better.

This is a bit embarrassing but the only way is up from here lol.

On a positive note when I first started this element I posted a thread titled SLS/iM2 NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING CLOSE.

I just could not do even one rep, I could not get up off the ground trying to do the iM. But I slowly progressed and

started on a raised platform and now I can do all 10 repetitions after the PE from the ground... no platform, so that is a big

achievement I reckon. Any way here's some humor for you's lol.

 

Eva Pelegrin

Wayne, 

Not so bad. You’re doing a good job of keeping your legs straight. Looks like great progress to me from where you started. Keep it up! Well, DOWN, the way to go is down in this case. Try keeping your torso more vertical with less hinging at your hips. Not easy, I know.

Ideas: 
As a warm up or additional work, you could use a wall as support in order to go down deeper, and with time, gradually lean less and less against the wall.
Are you doing the MS course? If so, MSs/PE4-5_Vertical Frog is good for you!

Wayne Grima

Thanks for the good advice Eva, I appreciate it. No I have not got the stretch course YET, but it is a priority of mine,

I think I would really benefit from it and feel I need it infact. Being honest now, I'm a bit naughty and don't warm up much.

Maybe 5 minutes and mainly my shoulders, this is not good I know.

Side note, I'm really impressed with your progress here and your attention to detail, you're an inspiration and your

dedication and attentiveness is to be be admired.You always listen and take heed of the good advice you receive

and it is paying dividends for you Eva, good stuff.

Eva Pelegrin

You said it:

1 hour ago, Wayne Grima said:

I think I would really benefit from it and feel I need it infact. Being honest now, I'm a bit naughty and don't warm up much.

I think you know what to do next. Stop being naughty and get the SS. Or start with MS and then you can upgrade. Cheers and thank you for your kind words.

Ryan Bailey

Hi Wayne, I have been using supplemental work from Front split series for SLS PE2, as ankle mobility is crucial here. But I would always listen to Eva and "stop being naughty". 

Wayne Grima

Hello there, well I found my finally found my form check on page 12 lol, looking for feedback

on how these are going. I can do the sets required but is the form acceptable. I'm happy with

the iM as far as I can do them. When I first attempted these there was no way I could even

get 2 inches off the ground, infact I made a post titled "SLS-PE2 NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING CLOSE"

or something to that effect, at least I can do them now, though with little grace hahah. This check has both

the PE an iM ,as always, thanks you

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Wayne, 

Great effort, your Cossack squats are coming along nicely. I do notice that when you lunge to the left your left heel comes off the ground a bit make sure that heel stays down. Keep your chest up as you lower down and try to get your calf on your straight leg to the ground. Your definitely on the right track. 

On the twisting squats you are doing good at standing up on the side of the foot, that part looks good. Start to twist as soon as you stand up and the twist continues as you sit back down. There should be no stalling and no adjustment of the feet just a smooth twist the whole time! 

Coach Sommer has such a wonderful knee series, challenging but totally worth every step of the way. 

Wayne Grima

Thanks @Tanya Hill for the feedback and encouragement. Keeping the heel on the ground is just a stretch and flexibility

issue I think and will come in time (I hope). My favorite aspect of this element is the stretch I get from doing this one.

Regarding keeping the chest up, I thought I was hinging at the hips more than I should when I compare my movement to other

form checks posted, I thinks this part is going to give me trouble, I don't know what it is that causes this, any suggestions on how to

overcome this and lessen the leaning forward on the way down, many thanks.

Tanya Hill

Keeping the heel down is definitely is flexibility in the achilles tendon. You can also try taking your legs out just a bit wider to see if that helps keep the heel on the ground. As for keeping the chest up, its more awareness then actually sitting up right. You want to aim to have a long spine and no rounding of the spine as you go through the movements the lower you get the more chest up you can be.

You are doing a great job keep it up.