http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiDwOoasAA
mkiDwOoasAA
I think I'm doing the right techniques. Also, I have good flexibility, but do I lack the strength?
Started by phken4343, November 9, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,862 Views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiDwOoasAA
mkiDwOoasAA
I think I'm doing the right techniques. Also, I have good flexibility, but do I lack the strength?
Your flexibility is better than most but you can still use more. Ideally your legs should stay next to your arms as your butt rises all the way to vertical position.
The strength you are missing is mostly shoulder control at the top position. You can practice this by doing slow eccentric with or without wall help.
Hmm...I guess I'm not compresssing enough. My torso can touch the ground in the pancake stretch.
I can do the press while facing toward the wall, but how would I practice negatives with the wall? Am I supposed to face away from the wall?
With the wall means back to wall.
When i do straddle press i find it easier to start with your legs together and then straddle as you start pressing , it helps me to not lean too far forward as it seemed to me you did in the clip. That's just something that helps me, experiment with it but I'm not sure if its the best way for you.
I'll try that, Demus. ![]()