Hey all! Just ordered the fundamentals program and am doing my Crab walks. I was wondering how long I'm supposed to do these for, I don't recall them saying in the video. Anyway excited to start.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
How long to do exercises for?
Started by Robert Storm 176480, May 10, 2016 · 6 Replies · 596 Views
The follow along video is your workout. Of course if you would like to do extra, you may.
The intent of Fundamentals One is to create as stress free an introduction to Gymnastics Strength Training™ (GST) as possible; and to that end we do not count either reps or sets in Fundamentals, but rather practice for a block of time.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hey Coach,
Is there a good amount of time (or good average)? Also is there a way to change my display name/username on the forum? Thanks!
- No specific targeted block of time. Some people learn quickly, some take a bit longer and some take a lot longer. I have known Olympians of all three varieties.
Have fun and work reasonably hard, but leave a little bit in the tank.
- Click the 'HELP' tab in the upper right hand corner of your screen to submit a support ticket regarding your forum user name question and Cory will assist you with it.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Related-- as we get to Days 2+, should we keep revisiting the previous days? I did OK, I guess, at Crab and Ape, though I have by no means mastered them!
33 minutes ago, Rick Corcoran Jr. said:Related-- as we get to Days 2+, should we keep revisiting the previous days? I did OK, I guess, at Crab and Ape, though I have by no means mastered them!
Good question Rick. I have repeated Crab and Ape on subsequent days as I have a ways to go and I like the stretch provided by Crab. As future days unlock and I become more proficient I may not repeat.
27 minutes ago, Todd Fonseca said:Good question Rick. I have repeated Crab and Ape on subsequent days as I have a ways to go and I like the stretch provided by Crab. As future days unlock and I become more proficient I may not repeat.
Thanks, Todd. That's generally my plan, too. Though with limited time, I can see it stacking up and getting well over an hour quickly! One of the things that appeals to me about this program is that it seems really well thought out but also not outrageous in terms of time commitment, which is just reality for those of us with jobs, families, etc. So I tend to prefer more rather than less direction in terms of some of these specifics. In a perfect world, I would work on all this stuff for hours per day! Why can't I be 21 and in college again!