This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Posterior Pelvic Tilt (PPT) Help

Started by Tracey Weaver, May 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 268 Views

Tracey Weaver

 

Hello Coaches!!

It is becoming clear to me through my F1 training that my Posterior Pelvic Tilt needs a lot of work.  I searched the forum and in a post Coach Sommer says that PPT is addressed in H1.  So i looked through the rest of the course (I am on PE2) and the mobility work for PPT doesn't start until PE9's iM.  

Would you suggest I jump ahead (not on strength) and add in some of the PPT mobility work to my sessions? Which ones specifically? Should I perhaps add in unweighted Jefferson curls using a PVC pipe to bring movement to the area?  I am not sure the best route to take.

Also any magical cues you have.  I am not even sure I am doing "it" (drawing my belly button in/flatten my back) right??  (I have noted in other posts that I have had a microdiscectomy at L4-5 and 2 c-section births... all 9-13 years ago.)

 Thank you for your input!

:-) Tracey

Coach Sommer

Within reason, mobility may always be bumped ahead as needed as long as you are careful to work within your current limitations.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Devon Anderson

How about the opposite Coach? For example, on planche, I've moved through the strength movements pretty steadily, and am currently on SE3, step 7, but I cannot even get close to the mobility (Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche positions) The leap from the PE7 mobility drills to the SE1 mobility drills is enormous! I've been continuing with the Prone Half Straddle Planche leg extensions, and have increased reps to increase difficulty, but I'm still a mile away from the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche. 

Should I have stalled progress on sPL strength if I can't move forward on the mobility?

Thanks!

Coach Sommer

Devon,  

No.  In fact not only no, but absolutely not.  That approach is why people find themselves with such abysmal mobility in the first place.

Bottom line: mobility deficits must be corrected first before moving on to more challenging strength elements.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eva Pelegrin

Tracey,
Same issue here. I like HS/PE9>iM which I practice anytime during the day and PE10>iM is one of my favorites. I like doing PE10>iM for time rather than reps for my HS warm ups (kinda like the HS/PE5 but without the added benefit of the shoulder flexion load). Basically, just to get a feeling of body line and to put my chair away from my consciousness. 

HS/PE11-12>iMs are other options. For me, any prone variation with the core line zipped (legs together) really strengthens our weaknesses and carry over to the awareness we need in Plank, Push Up, PL, and HS work. I also like any kind of table variations, like at the beginning of the TB course. 

Mark Collins

I had a terrible APT that has taken 4 years to correct. It is still my weakest position. Just keep working hard and do the whole program and it will eventually get there. Be patient as it takes a long time to change a broken body.