This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Salt question

Started by Cameron Williams, May 10, 2016 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

Cameron Williams

How should we be looking at salt intake? How much salt is too much?

This morning I had cured Spanish ham and some aged cheddar for breakfast, both of which are quite salty. I also tend to eat a lot of sausages, which are also very salty.

Thoughts on this?

Cam

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Do you ever wake up with puffy eyes or do you have dry mouth? What are your blood pressure stats like? Your water consumption? If you said no to the first two and your BP levels are all good and you're keeping with 2L of water a day, I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the cheese and ham.

Jeff Serven

Avg american eats 5-10g of salt. Id imagine most of you are like me at about 2-4g. 

I agree w/ Daniel "enjoy the cheese and ham" 

 

Cameron Williams

Cool thank you!