This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE3 iM - Mobility form check

Started by Mike Ross, May 9, 2016 · 7 Replies · 101 Views

Mike Ross

Hi,

How am I doing the mobility work of HS PE3 iM?
Seated Shoulder Flexion Reps with Weighted Bar

Thanks in advance for your comments!!

Cole Dano

You are going into a dislocate. Narrow the grip of your hands and think of keeping the your scaps glued to the sides of your armpits.

Mike Ross

Thanks. Im going to practice what you say!

Mike Ross

I was focusing on not rotating my arms to totally avoid going to dislocate... BUT.... I found myself totally stuck! hahahaha I barely can move!

I mean, I know that I am not flexible on shoulders and I am working on that by doing the stretch series routine and also doing other stretches and massages... but, I cant move!

What am I doing? and how can I improve?

I was comparing my video to the one in https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/hs-pe3-im/ and it looks that the guy in the course video is rotating arms, but im not sure if that is similar to the dislocate I was doing.

I am a bit lost in this.

Videos:

First attemp moving my head more than my shoulders:

Second attempt, trying to do it better:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now you are flexing, but more lean is required. have you ever mastered the PE1 with this width? 

Mike Ross

This is from when I did the mobility work from PE1.

 

Mike Ross

but I am still a bit confused... thinking if it has anything to do with the rotation of the arms... coz in the course video it looks the guy does it...  but then when I do it, I go to dislocate... and when I dont do it, I cant move at all. Despite of the fact that I need to work on my shoulder flexibility, I guess there is something that I didnt understand..

Alessandro Mainente

SHoulders rotation it is the first sign that body tries to compensate lack of flexion, so if you want to focus on the flexion you should avoid other compensations. nothing more. do not dislocates. simply.