I am curious about the 4 week Fundamental program that I learned about today in an email.
I was under the impression that the starting PE's of F1 was the starting point for an absolute beginner.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tracey Weaver, May 9, 2016 · 13 Replies · 426 Views
I am curious about the 4 week Fundamental program that I learned about today in an email.
I was under the impression that the starting PE's of F1 was the starting point for an absolute beginner.
I think Fundamentals is an "even more beginner" beginner course. If you have Foundations I would stick with that. That's my guess. Fundamentals is likely a sampler for the larger GST programs
What picked my interest is that the email says that it can be used as part of the warm-up. My warm-up is not that great and it is improvised, in part because of lack of time and in part because I guess I don't know how to warm up properly. A more guided warm-up from GB would be great! So let's see if more details do come up.
Foundation One works great for someone with who is already comfortable working out but for a student who has only worked out casually or not at all it's more like jumping off a diving board. Fundamentals slows the pace down significantly so there's only one new exercise or idea per day. Each of these days builds to a full warmup routine that can be continued through Foundation.
Just a thought Giovanni, if you have GB pro you can check out some of the online classes. Orench does some warm up stuff pre-workouts. A lot of vids start with jumping jacks which isn't a bad way to get warm. Myself I will either do that or skip rope, and if like me, your still working on some of the starter movements I'm not sure you have to do a lot more than that to start out. Unless dealing with an injury rehab, then I'll do a bit more for that body part. I'll do the easier elements first and by the time I get to the more challenging movements I find I'm fairly good by then. Once I get to tougher elements later on then the easier ones will be incorporated as warm up as suggested in the courses. Everyone is different of course, that's just what works for me so far.
So, I have been doing GB for over 2.5 years now. My training time is some what limited and I would prefer to have a more focused/guided warmup. I prefer to be coached than to think what to do on my own. In this situation, would fundamentals be a smart buy for me to create my guided focused warm up? I know it's only $100 bucks, but I'm on a budget right now so I want to only buy something that gives me a lot of bang for my buck. Also, I am using GB Pro+.
Thanks
Hey Nick,
Can't comment about fundamentals but have you read the course material? It outlines what to do if your into later elements and how to warm up for them by using previously masters ones. Pretty simple and easy to piece together. If your still on beginning elements then I'm not sure you need much more than what any of the gb pro vids provide to start.
Unless I'm corrected but I would guess the fundamental warm up may have limited use in a guided prep once your doing the more advanced elements since I think it's aimed at beginners. I think at that point you will need to use prior elements to prevent joint injury. But as I said I don't have the course so maybe some else can comment.
Also I think there should be a link or code to get 25 bucks off somewhere here. Came out when the Tim ferris podcast was released. im sure a coach or someone will know where. Mine came in an email.
I've been doing f1 properly since Jan 2016 had it since 2013 but couldn't give up weights and made no progress due to lack of mobility. I didn't feel I needed fundamentals but I have to get anything GymnasticBodies releases as it is worth its weight in gold. So i bought it. It covers basic things apt, ppt, flexion, extension (to name just a few) if you have tumbling 1 it also covers the animal moves in there. Lizard, ape, frog etc but fundaments goes more indept than the movement series. It also adds a little 10min workout at the end of the week that puts everything together. Which I've used numerous times. The warm up it teaches is very useful and I use it as soon as I get up, before a workout and anytime I'm feeling stiff or have been stuck on a train or flight. If you are following f1 it just adds it to you daily workout which is very useful. It is basic but I picked up a few points, a great warmup and few quick animal workouts so well worth the money.
Hey tom,
now you have me curious, animal stuff eh? Tumbling you say...Damn....prob gunna have to save up my pennies for both now. Hope that code doesn't expire anytime soon.
There's a 25% discount on fundamentals right now.
@Sean Wood - I know how to warm ups work according to foundations programming, but when someone like myself is quite strong at some move and quite weak at others because of lacking mobility, following the exact foundation order doesn't always address or prep me for what my priorities are (awful but improving shoulder extension & pancake mobility). I can and do make my own programs to do this, I just prefer to have a coach organize it and set my guidelines as I tend to either do too much or too little and in general, don't focus well on my priorities. Regardless, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
@Tom Wood - I would like a wake up series to get the ball rolling and would potentially use it as you did. I have been using the animal movements from movement 1 already, but when and how to utilize them in a more time efficient manner may be worth it so I may get this. Thanks.
@Daniel Taylor-Shaut - I saw that and totally forgot. Good call.
Thanks again all.
I dont think I got the email with the coupon code. Can you post it here? Thanks!
Nick
I have similar issues as you. I'm assuming you have the stretch series? Another option may be to ask one of the GB coaches directly to help. They are very helpful and have never let me down. They may be able to help focus on what needs being done? Just a thought, in hopes of being helpful.
Startgb25off
this is the code I got in my email for fundamentals.