This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Brigde Form Check

Started by Jon Thornham, May 8, 2016 · 8 Replies · 209 Views

Jon Thornham

I was hoping someone could check my form.  Thanks for any advice.

IMG_3591.PNG

 

Alessandro Mainente

For is nice, but i think you started too much far from the stallbar. when your knees are extended you should have chest and shoulders over the hands.

Sean Murphey

Did you put together your stall bar set up yourself or purchase that?

I'm looking to build a home gym. Stall bars are hard to find.

Jon Thornham
1 hour ago, Sean Murphey said:

Did you put together your stall bar set up yourself or purchase that?

I'm looking to build a home gym. Stall bars are hard to find.

I built these myself. I used fence post. I'm happy to send pics of the build if you like. 

Sean Murphey

That would be awesome. Thanks!

Jon Thornham

Here are a few pics of the stall bars I built.  I looked at several options and settled on this idea.  I used fence post and post connectors to build everything.  The total cost of the build was about $240.  IMG_1729.jpgIMG_1730.jpgIMG_1731.jpgIMG_1732.jpgIMG_1733.jpgIMG_1922.jpg

Giovanni Garcea

super cool! Maybe you need to space it a little bit more from the wall, to avoid the feet touching the wall in some exercises...

Jon Thornham
5 minutes ago, Giovanni Garcea said:

super cool! Maybe you need to space it a little bit more from the wall, to avoid the feet touching the wall in some exercises...

To date I haven't had any issues.  If I do it's a pretty easy fix.  I think the pics make it look closer than it is.  

Jon Thornham
On May 9, 2016 at 0:55 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

For is nice, but i think you started too much far from the stallbar. when your knees are extended you should have chest and shoulders over the hands.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll work on moving my hands in.