This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thrive 1 Journey

Started by Rogiros Michaelides, May 8, 2016 · 1 Replies · 76 Views

Rogiros Michaelides

Hello

This is my first post in the forum even though I am following foundation for two years. The reason is that I had some injuries, tight and weak muscles and bad posture due to long hours of sitting. Since then I am collecting information from the forum and trying to fix my imbalances with the first PE’s and stretch series.

I also started Thrive in January and finished it last week. Due to personal issues like exams, new job, new apartment etc. I didn’t have a lot of time to participate in the forum but I was following the steps and taking notes from the forum!

Before Thrive I tried lot of nutrition plans like the Bruce Lee diet, Paleo, low carb diet etc. After four months with Thrive I have to admit that I learned a lot about nutrition and I improved the quality my life.

What I liked the most was the programming with the small steps and building habits. A summary of steps:

  • ·         Water intake was easy since I live in a warm weather country and was already consuming more than 2L

  • ·         Animal protein and carbs was already there from my previous attempts

  • ·         Eliminated carbs from breakfast and added more fat and protein

  • ·         Vegetables with every meal. I used to eat vegetables but not consistently

  • ·         Added fat with lunch, mostly more olive oil with the vegetables

Biggest change was the type of food I was consuming and the portion of each macro. Finally a big lifestyle change was sleep. Currently I am sleeping between 7 and 8 hours with my goal being at least 8 hours.

Again I feel an improvement since I started Thrive 1 and I am looking forward for Thrive 2!

Thank you!

Jeff Serven

No. Thank you for finally posting.

Just kidding but, really.

Im glad to hear that you have completed Thrive and are ready for more. 

Did you have any questions that are still unanswered or feel free to share more insights.