This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/iM3

Started by Petri Widsten, May 8, 2016 · 7 Replies · 84 Views

Petri Widsten

I started training this element. Am I training it correctly? If so, should I stay with it or progress? I've mastered the PE.

 

 

Jon Douglas

Good start, nice forward lean. What we want from here are two things;

1) More deliberate reps, ideally showing a distinct pause in the bottom position (ie in full flexion and forward lean)

2) Simultaneous forward lean and shoulder flexion. You'll notice in your reps you do the lean, then almost bounce the bar back (this also overlaps with point 1).

What we want is the lean and pull back to happen at the same time, and under control. I like to think of mobility elements trained as both statics and reps, as a set consisting of repetitions OF the static movement. So a set of these is five (obviously very short) sets of hspe1/im. So you're to achieve a comparable stretch each rep, but the benefit comes from the moving into it rather than the holding for time :D

Petri Widsten

Got it, thanks Jon!

Petri Widsten

A new attempt. I can feel these down in the mid-traps at the bottom of the lean - I like the feeling. If the form is good enough I'll move on to PE4 but keep doing these with more weight.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Simply once mastered , use it on the warm up.

Petri Widsten
55 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Simply once mastered , use it on the warm up.

Thanks Alessandro. Is my form ok?

Alessandro Mainente

probably I would search for more overflexion.

Andrew Long

it almost looks like youre bending your elbows slightly when youre leaning forward and flexing.  are your elbows completely locked out during the whole movement?