This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Form Check

Started by Cameron Williams, May 7, 2016 · 3 Replies · 69 Views

Cameron Williams

I employed the suggestions from my last form check as best I could. I tried to just lean forward as opposed to "curling" forward.

But one thing that I can't seem to fix is the curve in my lumbar. The athlete in the course video has a nice straight line all the way down his back, whereas there's a big dip in my lumbar.

How do I correct this without piking at the hips?

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Cameron Williams

Here's another attempt, trying to get my lumbar straighter:

Comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Cam

Petri Widsten

I think you are in the process of figuring it out by yourself, Cam. Can you take a video directly from the side and without a shirt? The second video looks promising but those things would make it easier to call.

What helped me was to lock in that PPT before leaning with a mirror to my side to check my form. Then really just focus on protracting while leaning without losing the PPT.

Alessandro Mainente

A bit more of pelvic tilt and lean.

in order to check the lean wrap an elastic band around the upper body in between lower ribs and navel so that it can reach the floor. when you lean and you can see the band disappearing  between the forearms, you reached the correct position.