walkovers on good AND bad leg? HELP

Started by Katharina Huemer, May 7, 2016 · 1 Replies · 3,824 Views

Katharina Huemer

I was not sure whether to post this in "Balance" or "Movement", so sorry if I am wrong :)

I have a question about kickovers, walkovers and split handstands.

I love doing really slow tick-tocks. So from a split handstand, slowly opening the shoulders, legs always remaining in a 180 degree split, lower one foot and only slighty brush the ground (almost a reverse planche in a way) and then press back to split handstand. 

I have worked on this since I started and it took me very long to have the legs always remain in a full split as it requires a lot of shoulder flexibility and almost the whole weight on top of the hands in the bridge position.

But I can only do it on my good leg! Although I can do a split handstand, as well as a kickover on my bad leg, it really does not look good.
I have to say that I never tried this before and never thought of it, today was the first time I tried it.

Would you say I should work on that? I am very unsure about it! Although I could do it the first time in a very horrible way, I know it will take a long time until it is as good as the other leg. And it just isn't fun working on the bad side. But on the other hand, I would like to be "balanced!

What would you say? 

Coach Sommer

Of course you need to work both legs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer