This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supplementing F1 with mobility work.

Started by César Cruz, May 7, 2016 · 1 Replies · 136 Views

César Cruz

I was wondering if i can do more mobility work, specialy for the shoulders, obliques, spine and also for compression.

why? As someone with problems in the lower back, disc degeneration etc i have some trouble in some IMs

For the shoulders, because i just enjoy doing so much!

for obliques, spine, compression.

1)SL/PE1 IM: is there any option of mobility work for this one that i can do before achiveing this one? When i do this, i do with very reduced ROM cause i feel like i'm about to  smash my damaged discs, any centimenter wrong and i can have some pain for some days. I feel anything doing this, and my ROM doesn't increase either, if i force a bit it can lead to pain as well.

2)MN/PE1 IM: I have heard that this one is for the hamstrings but i don't feel anything either because my ROM is also horrible and i don't know how to do it correctly in a reduced ROM and the bending + rotation. Can i do this one without bending the spine? It seems to work much better and like this i can feel my hamstrings! 

3)I feel that i can't bend my lower back without hurting myself, would it be because of poor hip flexibility? If you imagine a good morning for exemple i can't put my trunc in 90 degres in relation to my legs. If i want reach 90 degres i need to bend my lower back, i feel that there is something blocking this area but i don't know what. How to overcome this issue?

the last paragraph was an analogy to how i feel in the SL and MN PE1 IM, i don't do good mornings. 

And it's weird because in the MN PE1 exercice i can bend my back and i've never had any problem, don't ask me why because i don't know

4)So my main question is can i add supplementary mobility work in order to solve these problems, and which would you recommend for the body parts i've mentioned? Can i use more advanced mobility as sup

Exemples:

I do the front split 1x week

I do the wrist stretchs everyday! and it's great

I'm currently in HS pe1 and i do the IM of its element and also  after the workout i do PE2 IM and it's great also

do i have more options?

thanks guys

Tracey Weaver

I would post some video of your attempts at the PE iM's mentioned.  The helpful coaches here would be able to assist in modifications or substitutions. :-)