This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Length of bar for hs/pe4 - lack of space

Started by Faraz Ahmed, May 7, 2016 · 3 Replies · 84 Views

Faraz Ahmed

Hi,
I  will be moving on to the hs/pe4 soon and I am a little worried due to lack of space
so I wont be able to use a full length bar.
is it okay, to use a small bar with a length of about 2 to 3 feet??

one more question is that is it okay, if I say use hs/pe5 iM for the exercise hs/pe4.
this was just an example. I just want to know if it is okay if I use a different mobility training for the strength movement that I do??

Tobias Magnussen

Why can't u use the same bar as you've been using for pe>iM1+2+3?

Anyways, the lenght of the bar should allow you to hold the bar at shoulder width apart - might be a bit to short with 2 to 3 feet?

I would definitely stick with the PE & iM that is paired together. I know from experience that it's a bit frustrating but it will pay off in the long run :-)

 

Faraz Ahmed

Well, in the first 3 iM's we just need to hold the bar at the top of our head,
But in iM 4 we need to lie down and take the bar from around our hips to above our head
and I have a lot of obstructions in the way.
the only place I can think of is to lie on the bed and do this iM, but then there wont be any ground below
my hands when I take the bar above my head, but that should be okay, I guess.

Cole Dano

Bar length doesn't matter. You just need to add some light weight.

Coach Sommer is quite strict about not moving mobility elements around, in these courses they are meant to be strictly coupled.