This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check: Planche lean

Started by Jo Christian Weldingh, May 5, 2016 · 6 Replies · 157 Views

Jo Christian Weldingh

Hi,

Need some guidance on my planche lean. How does my form and rom look? :)

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hips are too high. simply at certain point you are not leaning but only lifting the hips, this automatically reduces the protraction. bodyline must be held in a diagonal direction, then lean while holding the same bodyline.

Jo Christian Weldingh
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hips are too high. simply at certain point you are not leaning but only lifting the hips, this automatically reduces the protraction. bodyline must be held in a diagonal direction, then lean while holding the same bodyline.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks. If I lower my hips, how does the lean look?

Petri Widsten
7 hours ago, Jo Christian Weldingh said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks. If I lower my hips, how does the lean look?

Diagonal like Alessandro is saying and hips open (not piked). A direct line from your legs to your mid back, upper back typically a bit below that line and a bit curved due to protraction (not due to intentional rounding of the spine). When you lose protraction your hips become piked and your butt is raised so that there is an angle between your legs and stomach/chest. I'm working on these as well so they are always on top of my mind :-).

Jo Christian Weldingh
1 hour ago, Petri Widsten said:

Diagonal like Alessandro is saying and hips open (not piked). A direct line from your legs to your mid back, upper back typically a bit below that line and a bit curved due to protraction (not due to intentional rounding of the spine). When you lose protraction your hips become piked and your butt is raised so that there is an angle between your legs and stomach/chest. I'm working on these as well so they are always on top of my mind :-).

Thanks, man :)

Jo Christian Weldingh
On 5.5.2016 at 0:05 AM, Jo Christian Weldingh said:

 

 

On 5.5.2016 at 2:48 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hips are too high. simply at certain point you are not leaning but only lifting the hips, this automatically reduces the protraction. bodyline must be held in a diagonal direction, then lean while holding the same bodyline.



Better? :)

Petri Widsten

Your bodyline looks good now, Jo. I would build up to 5x30s with that lean before leaning more.