This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Return from knee arthroscopy

Started by Mark Goedeke, May 5, 2016 · 1 Replies · 54 Views

Mark Goedeke

I had a successful arthroscopy on my right knee today to trim off about 10% of a damaged medial meniscus. I am walking without crutches and do  not feel much pain, which is a good sign.

I was wondering if any of the therapists here have any advice regarding a schedule to return to Foundation, H1 and stretch training.

I don't want to rush back and do something dumb and I would prefer not to be excessively cautious and regress unnecessarily.

I will see my surgeon in 8 days and take his advice onboard, but he wouldn't be familiar with the GB program so I think his recommendations could be fairly generic.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Mark Goedeke

FWIW, I this was my cripple edition workout today. I managed 5*60 FL/PE6 (which I was pleased about), 4 sets of sPL/PE6 off my bed and 2 sets of SL/PE8. 

I also threw in a few sets of one-legged PPP's. I couldn't work up the courage to try a HS PE, so I did some HS iM's. Quite pleasing for the day after surgery!