This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exams coming up. Q about Maintenance mode

Started by Young Chan Park, May 4, 2016 · 8 Replies · 219 Views

Young Chan Park

So my exam period is from 20th of May till the 31st.

I need to reduce my time on training until the exams are over so I wanted to ask what sort of intensity I should reduce it down to in order to maintain my strength.

If I'm currently on F7 on Monday/Thursday, and HS1+2 on Tuesday/Saturday. I'm not making any compromises on Saturday(Fs)+Sunday(Ms) stretch series. 

Would deloading down to 50% for 4 weeks reduce my strength a lot?

 

I'll still be eating clean throughout the months

Leonhard Krahé

Why not keep the actual intensity of the workout the same for the whole time (i.e. stay on the step you are now) and just reduce the number of days training to maybe F7 on Monday, H1/2 on Thursday or F4 on Monday and F3+H Thursday?

Young Chan Park
55 minutes ago, Leonhard Krahé said:

Why not keep the actual intensity of the workout the same for the whole time (i.e. stay on the step you are now) and just reduce the number of days training to maybe F7 on Monday, H1/2 on Thursday or F4 on Monday and F3+H Thursday?

I thought of that as well. Do you think that will be a better option than reducing intensity?

Leonhard Krahé

I can only speak for myself but I noticed that during deload weeks, my workouts aren't really that much shorter than the week(s) before because I still warm up and cool down essentially the same as in a "normal" workout. So, personally, I would not save a lot of time if I just did deload volume.

David Birchall

I need to reduce my time on training until the exams are over so I wanted to ask what sort of intensity I should reduce it down to in order to maintain my strength.

up to 2/3rds frequency and volume.  Keep intensity the same.  This is what I do cutting.  The article will give you info to make your own decision.... its only 11 days though

 

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/weight-training-for-fat-loss-part-2.html/

Eva Pelegrin

I would decrease your frequency but maintain your intensity. Or even cut your rest time.:P Definitely, no or less filming to save time!

David Beckerman

Consider covering each exercise once per week with usual intensity. So you could do F7 once per week or split it up to F4/F3. 

I've done this to concentrate on other areas of fitness and it worked for me. 

Good luck for the exams too!

David Birchall
On 5/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, David Beckerman said:

Consider covering each exercise once per week with usual intensity. So you could do F7 once per week or split it up to F4/F3. 

I've done this to concentrate on other areas of fitness and it worked for me. 

Good luck for the exams too!

I can attest to this working well - I do this at the minute.  1-3 exercises a day & once completed everything for the week, either start it again or hit the ones I want to focus on again only.  Something like this is my favorite schedule, off days if I feel off, sometimes do AM & PM, sometimes only 1 exercise

PL FL HS

HBP TbS RC

MsS pHS MN

SL SLS FsS

 

Young Chan Park

Sorry I've replied so late.

I've started doing F7 + FSs on Saturdays and HS + Mss on Sundays to cut my time down.

 

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions and for wishing me good luck :)