Hey folks -
Here's a quick 30s headstand - any red flags?
How about the dreaded shoulder extension?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Douglas Reinot, May 4, 2016 · 1 Replies · 51 Views
Hey folks -
Here's a quick 30s headstand - any red flags?
How about the dreaded shoulder extension?
I am a beginner so do no trust too much what I say. I think you may be arching your back in the headstand as your trunk is slightly inclined but your legs are perpendicular to the ground - in other words it seems to me you are doing the opposite of piking. I think it is fine to stay slightly inclined rather than vertical, but trunk and legs should form a single line.
The shoulder extension looks pretty good but I think you are still bending a bit the back. Maybe it would be better to keep hands slightly wider and back fully straight, but I am not too sure myself about the best way to work on this.