This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP-PE2

Started by Emily Aitkins, May 3, 2016 · 11 Replies · 285 Views

Emily Aitkins

Hello, I've been working on my ppt in this element. My ppt ability is prety dire to be honest so it's a work in progress. Wanted to check if the form is ok before I try to build up reps.

 

Douglas Reinot

The booty don't lie! Try thinking about getting your hips and chest to touchdown at the same time. When you're in the bottom position, it still looks like there is a bit of space between your hips and the mat.

Have you filmed a set of inclined push ups?The forum coaches have asked for this in the past.

The first few elements of the sPL progressions will help. PE2 will give you a few minutes each week to meditate on the error of your ways.

 

Ron Roitman

Your form and tempo are very good. Let the hips kiss the floor first and the chest second-it's easy to fix :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hips are piked, remember that if you have already activated the PPT the body in the starting position should be diagonal. this means that the quads must touch the floor before the rest of the body as the movement is close to the ends.  But your quads have never touched the floor.

Emily Aitkins

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback!! I refilmed with a straighter line, quads touch the floor then chest. I think I was piking in an attempt to keep my back flat. By straightening my line I can't keep the curve from my lower back. Not sure if there is an issue is with my ppt not being that great.

Douglas, I added below a clip my inclines rows too, not sure if that helps.

 

Emily Aitkins

How does my form look now? Any better? 

 

Wesley Tan

New videos are better :) There is still some pike at the hips and I think the knees are slightly flexed which isn't helping.

Make sure you squeeze your butt and quads, this will help prevent pike and keep knees straight respectively and full protraction at top of press. 

It can be frustrating getting a single exercise right, but it is important to understand all these subtleties. It will speed long term progress and pay off with the following progressions. Take your time to get these right, the next progression PPP will require mastering the PPT!

Jon Douglas

The knees stuck out at me too. Coming along though :)

Emily Aitkins

Thanks for the feedback :) the knees should be an easy fix, getting rid of the pike will take some work as I haven't figure out how it should feel yet. I thought starting the movement from the ground might eliminate it but evidently not :facepalm: I'll keep at it and work on strenthening my PPT and check back if I see any progress

Emily Aitkins

Thought I'd check back with my latest attempt, any improvement? I find it really hard to hold PPT with my feet together, it's much easier if I have my feet apart even just a few inches. Is it necessary to keep the feet together?

Any feedback appreciated!

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Emily, 

keeping the feet together is a must.
you are getting there. good improvement.

my tip for you to solidify your PPT and protraction is to do more cat cow mobility. 

Emily Aitkins

Thanks Leo!! I'll put cat cow back into my warm up and see how it goes.