This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2+iM FormC

Started by Ron Roitman, May 3, 2016 · 10 Replies · 151 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey people!

I recently moved on to PE2 and I'm hoping to master it soon. How's my form on both PE and iM?

Thank you :)

Ron Roitman

Bump

Ron Roitman

Anyone?

Cole Dano

The iM is just about there. The upper body is good but the posterior pelvic tilt (PPT) is borderline enough, that added with somewhat slack knees.

Really try to pull your hips to you belly button and drive your thighs back.

On the iM, your over lifting which is causing arch in your back. When your legs extend the height is good, but then you try to lift more, that's the unnecessary part.

This actually related to your issue in the plank, keep that PPT and drive the thigh back so the PPT and thigh drive lock into each other.

Ron Roitman
16 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

 

Really try to pull your hips to you belly button and drive your thighs back. - I don't understand what you want me to do here

This actually related to your issue in the plank, keep that PPT and drive the thigh back so the PPT and thigh drive lock into each other. -What do you mean by driving the thigh back? :wacko:

I sort of understood what to fix in the iM. However, what should I exactly do in plank? Hold a tighter PPT? @Cole Dano

Cole Dano

The first statement is just another way to describe how to do PPT, if you are standing, the front of the hips would pull up and the tailbone drop down and somewhat roll between the legs.

Now if you were standing and executing PPT and at the same unweight one leg and try to stretch it back without loosing ANY PPT that's what I mean by drive the thigh back.

Ron Roitman

I've been working hard on these for the past 3 weeks! Can you see any noticeable improvements? @Cole Dano @Zach Armijo

Forearm Plank: I made sure to engage the quadriceps & PPT during the whole time of each set.

3rd attempt was the best to my eyes. 
0:00 - 1st attempt
0:37 - 2nd attempt
1:15 - 3rd attempt

 

sPL/PE2-iM: By undoing the unnecessary over lifting of the leg , the exercise became a lot easier. I really struggled at first. Thanks @Cole Dano ^_^

Thanks for watching! :)

Cole Dano

All of the attempts are good and the third is very good. That's as close to perfect as they come. :thumbs-up

With the iM, focus more on 

1) keeping hollow, even less arching of the back, so you have to fight against the arch to lift the leg. It may very well end up being 10cm lower than it is now, and that's fine if done correctly.

2) Really spread that leg open, as wide as possible and then some.

If you are saying the iM is easier now than it was before, doing these two actions should change that.

 

Ron Roitman
On 26/05/2016 at 0:38 PM, Cole Dano said:

All of the attempts are good and the third is very good. That's as close to perfect as they come. :thumbs-up

With the iM, focus more on 

1) keeping hollow, even less arching of the back, so you have to fight against the arch to lift the leg. It may very well end up being 10cm lower than it is now, and that's fine if done correctly.

2) Really spread that leg open, as wide as possible and then some.

If you are saying the iM is easier now than it was before, doing these two actions should change that.

 

Hey @Cole Dano,

It's pointed in the course:  "Expect to enjoy significant cramping of the medial glutes! ". I recorded the attempt on June 13th and if I remember right , I didn't feel any cramps of the medial glutes.(I don't feel any cramps at any session I do) Is this normal?
My leg are lower as you can see and I really tried spreading the leg wide open.

What do you think about my technique now? It seems to me I performed the iM correctly.

Anyway, I'll record today's session and upload it too because it feels like the form is a bit different when I perform this on the chair instead of a bench. (I'm not sure if the back of the chair limits the extension of the leg sideways or maybe I'm just overthinking this..)

P.s I can feel the medial glute working, but there are no cramps compared to those I'd get from holding Straddle HBH or standing active middle split for instance.

Cole Dano

Don't take the cramping comment too literally, it can happen the first few times you do it, but it's not a requirement or anything.

You are doing them more or less correctly, but you are throwing the leg out rather than moving it out. Move the leg with more control.  

Ron Roitman
9 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Don't take the cramping comment too literally, it can happen the first few times you do it, but it's not a requirement or anything.

You are doing them more or less correctly, but you are throwing the leg out rather than moving it out. Move the leg with more control.  

Got it! Thank you for clarifying :)

The advice about control/tempo is great. I'll fix that ;)