This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 + iM

Started by Ian Gibson, May 3, 2016 · 3 Replies · 210 Views

Ian Gibson

Hey everyone. Looking for any pointers on the tripod and shoulder flexion. I'm starting to feel pretty stable with the PE, but I'm having to make constant adjustments in the iM to try to maintain form. The iM here is using 5# at shoulder width + one fist. 

 

Coach Sommer

- Tripod looks fine.  

Be sure however to move that bar out from behind your back.  Always work in a safe, clear area.  Even though your tripod is steady, crazy things can happen and you will not enjoy falling over onto your back and landing upon that weighted bar. ;) 

- Pretty good on the iM.  Just pull the bottom rib slightly more in.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ian Gibson

Thanks, Coach!

I'm embarrassed I didn't even consider the safety hazard. I can see PE2 going very wrong if you didn't say anything. I'll keep working on the iM and hopefully I'll be at mastery after the next cycle.

Coach Sommer

Nothing to be embarrased about, Ian.  

I myself, along with most other gymnasts, learned this lesson the hard way. ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer