This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pe9 ROM feedback please!

Started by Tony Sorensen, May 2, 2016 · 9 Replies · 249 Views

Tony Sorensen

I'm on a deload before starting my last cycle of tidying up my PE8 form (hopefully) and I thought I'd have a play with PE9. I can see already that it's going to expose the same weakness in compression as my Manna progressions have but I'm seeing some progress on that front finally so I'm okay with plugging away at that - is there anything else I should be aware of? How is the ROM at the final position?

 

Tony Sorensen

Also, I seem to got into a habit of using the hyperextension of my elbows to move my forearms forward which gives me more room to drop the tuck the hips under. This gets my toes higher with less compression I think but is it something I should work with or iron out (if that's even possible)?

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice, I suggest only that you can move the hips over the shoulders before attempting to continue the movement.

Tony Sorensen

Thanks Alessandro - will do. :)

Tony Sorensen

Well I'm having a good month. Just a little over a year after starting H2 and while I'm still building the volume on PE9 I thought I'd have a play at a full press. It turned out OK I think! The angles not great but its probably not ready for close scrutiny yet anyhow...

 

Alessandro Mainente

side view should be better for a form check.

Tony Sorensen

I thought you might say that Alessandro! Filming was a bit of an afterthought last time - here is a more thought through effort. Those reps of PE9 are really paying off! Also should point out that I only started H2 last May. :) Any feedback greatly appreciated as always (btw I have no idea what my toes were doing on the ascent)!

 

Leo Trinidad

good work @Tony Sorensen working on manna progressions and stretch series will surely help you in your compression :)

Alessandro Mainente

The problem is technical. you should:

-lean and feel weight on hands and top of shoulders

-hold the compression that you reach when feet leave the pbars

-do not lift the legs, hold the compression and push back the shoulders over the hands

-then lift the legs to the side so that the involvement of lumbar spine it is at minimum.

Tony Sorensen
On 8/12/2016 at 8:30 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

...do not lift the legs, hold the compression and push back the shoulders over the hands...

Aha - having had a chance to play that makes so much sense! Thank you.