This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Eggs - is there a best way to cook them?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 154 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Just a curiosity about eggs. 

I read that about 2/3 of the recommended Daily allowance of cholesterol is present in an egg. I read also that lecithin is present as well, which don't let colestherol to be assimilated. That is a reason why we do not have to worry about eating eggs, however lecithin is termo-sensitive: if it is cooked, it loses this property. A solution is to cook the eggs while keeping yolk raw. So, In this context the best way to cook eggs is  soft-boiled or fried in oil/grass-fed butter. 

After reading this, I wonder if I should prefer these mentioned cooking methods compared to other ones, such as scrambled eggs. Eggs are my most convenient choice for breakfast in order to add fat and protein without carbs added, and I aim to eat at least two of them almost everyday.

THANK YOU! 

 

 

Jeff Serven

The lowly egg is pound for pound one of the most nutritious foods on the planet(and thats coming from a guy that doesn't like them all that much) Your are right the CHO is not assimilated, not only because of lecithin but for the same actions that every gram of fat you eat does not end up as body fat on your stomach. To say eating CHO will raise your CHO may sound like common sense but that is the same line of thinning that got America on a low fat diet in the first place. 

The only thing you should not do is burn your eggs. But, to cook them completely is perfectly fine. 

Oussama KHELLADI

lately i started adding pink salt to the eggs 90% cooked so they dont get dry and i find them very delicious than before